Monday, May 27, 2019

I didn't have to go to the Viet Nam War, but many if not most young men my age had to

I didn't have to go because I had had a blow to the head at 9 when I fell off a boulder while rock climbing with my Dad near Chilao above Los Angeles in the Angeles National Forest then in likely 1957 before they had helicopter rescues for injured people like I was then. I had a concussion but things were different then in that my father said, "Get Up and walk!" because he knew I was too big for him to carry back up a cliff and climb out of that canyon then back to his work truck. Dad was an electrical contractor then. So, I was throwing up and moaning and sort of crying from the concussion but knew my Dad might leave me there like his Dad might have if I didn't do what he said.

Looking  back now I realize that my Dad was really scared after the fall I took and the way people were then no matter how much you were injured if you could walk while moaning they knew you likely weren't going to die. This is just a carry over from Cowboy days then in the 1950s. So, the fact that I could still get up and not fall down unconscious was a good thing to him then. So, anyway, I didn't ever go to a doctor for my concussion but looking back that's what actually happened to me and so I started having seizures at night (several a year) which was about like being murdered in your sleep each time. The worst one was when I was about 14 and I ran to my parents because I had an aura and knew I was asleep going into a seizure and tried to run into my parents room so they could help keep me alive during a seizure. the problem is that when you go into a seizure you can literally accidentally kill yourself while you are unconscious so it's better of someone holds your head from banging against the floor or cement or a wall or any other object so you don't die. So, getting to my parents this particular time was I felt sort of life or death (which it was in more ways than one) because I ran into the end of my bedroom door and broke my nose and was knocked unconscious for about an hour. I woke up in a pool of blood around my head from my broken nose with my father trying to pry my jaws apart that were clenched from the seizure so I didn't bite my tongue in half or swallow my tongue while in a seizure which is another way to die while having a seizure. Another way to die, especially if you are over 20 or 30 is to have heart attack or stroke from the incredible stress similar to dying that a seizure puts on a human body and brain. So, these were happening because of the fall I took on my head at age 9. So, I had to deal with these night time seizures until I was about 15 when my cranium(skull) grew enough to release the pressure of the original fall on my brain.

So, while I was at a private school in Santa Fe, New Mexico (I lived in Los Angeles then) so I was at boarding school my last year of high school at a church school, my father told me to fill out my draft card at the post office in Santa Fe to tell them I thought I needed a medical deferment. So, I did as my father asked because that was what you did then. Otherwise, I likely would have been drafted like many other young men either finishing high school or who were college or high school dropouts nationwide.

I felt some guilt about not having to serve because of my seizures but I felt at the time and still that God had something else for me to do in life because he had almost killed me through the fall and seizures and now he was using that to save my life for other things. So, God saved me from that hell that so many I knew then died from or never fully came back from because of internal and external wounding. You still se many veterans from the Viet Nam war living on the streets across America even though many have already died on the streets. The same is true of the Korean War, and the Middle East wars and the Afghanistan wars as well.

There are the dead this memorial Day and also the "Walking Dead" whose bodies still live but aren't really here the way they used to be anymore.

Today we pray for the dead and the Walking Dead still walking our streets today.

By God's Grace

Note: In cultural anthropology they called someone who had psychologically died but not physically died a Shaman because if you have died but your body hasn't sometimes you live in between the worlds as a shaman or healer. It has been this way since there have been human beings here on earth where some die psychologically, but their bodies don't die too and then they become shamans who live in the world of the living and the world of the dead at the same time. Saint Francis of Asisi was one of these.

If you want to study more about this watch: "Brother Sun Sister Moon".

Videos

3:44
Brother Sun, Sister Moon - Trailer
Brother Sun, Sister Moon ...
YouTube - Oct 1, 2012
2:52
St. Francis - Brother Sun, Sister Moon - Song
spiritualizingbiz
YouTube - Jan 25, 2009
4:45
Brother Sun, Sister Moon
SuperCanopus
YouTube - Jan 24, 2016
4:30
St. Francis Prayer - Brother Sun, Sister Moon
spiritualizingbiz
YouTube - Jan 25, 2009
3:13
Brother Sun, Sister Moon (with lyrics)
mdragon1801
YouTube - Apr 14, 2016
3:44
Brother Sun, Sister Moon - Trailer
Paramount Movies Digital
YouTube - Oct 9, 2014
5:23
St. Francis - Brother Sun, Sister Moon - The awakening
spiritualizingbiz
YouTube - Jan 25, 2009
3:32
St Francis-Brother Sun and Sister Moon
Steve Silvia
YouTube - Oct 25, 2006
2:35
Brother Sun, Sister Moon (MV)
Chris Li
YouTube - Sep 3, 2012

Web results

Brother Sun, Sister Moon (Italian: Fratello Sole, Sorella Luna) is a 1972 film directed by Franco Zeffirelli and starring Graham Faulkner and Judi Bowker. The film is an examination of the life of Saint Francis of Assisi.
Country‎: ‎Italy
Distributed by‎: ‎Paramount Pictures‎ (USA), ‎Cin...
Edited by‎: ‎Reginald Mills
Music by‎: ‎Riz Ortolani‎; ‎Donovan‎ (songs)
Plot · ‎Production · ‎Reception · ‎Soundtrack
Brother SunSister Moon (1972) Graham Faulkner in Brother SunSister Moon (1972) Judi Bowker in Brother SunSister Moon (1972) Brother SunSister Moon ...
Amazon.com: Brother SunSister Moon (Widescreen): Graham Faulkner, Judi Bowker, Leigh Lawson, Kenneth Cranham, Lee Montague, Valentina Cortese, ...
 Rating: 4.4 - ‎515 reviews
St. Francis of Assisi was an extraordinarily complex and difficult figure whose effect on his contemporary society was electrifying.

No comments: