Friday, May 31, 2019

Flew up to Portland, Oregon

If you were wondering why I haven't blogged yet today it's because I flew up to Portland today to visit two of my kids and my oldest Grandson is having his 5th birthday soon. So, I wanted to be up here for that too if I could and so far it has all worked out quite well. My son moved back from South Korea a year ago and he and his wife have a 5 year old son. And my youngest daughter lives up here too. So, I get to see two of my kids for awhile.

The flight was uneventful and when I landed it was about 80 degrees or about the same temperature as some SF Bay area temperatures today. It has been much colder where I live on the coast but then again on the coast we have the June Glooms almost every year or as Mark Twain said it, "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco."

For example, today it was 67 in San Francisco but Tomorrow it's 64 and the next day 62 for highs there (Fahrenheit).

So, anyway, 80 degrees when I arrived at the Portland Airport felt pretty good to me. In fact the next 2 days (Saturday and Sunday) are supposed to be 81 degrees too. So, it's time for Bermuda shorts and summer wear here at least.

No comments: