Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Enlightenment 2

When I was young I looked around during my teens and looked carefully at my peers. Since I already remembered most of my past lives I knew that being a soldier if you have to kill anyone creates a difficult afterlife generally but not specifically and I have had many memories of being reborn to the culture of the people I had been fighting and killing in that lifetime. This I found painful so I knew not to repeat this very difficult experience.

Next, I knew from past experience that spending ones whole lifetime becoming wealthy was likewise a fools errand because one cannot take that kind of wealth with them when they pass on.

Next, I knew from past experience that working myself to death like many people on earth do every day is not useful for a soul at least if one knows better.

So, my goal in this lifetime because of remembering the consequences of previous lifetimes was to first become enlightened and second, while I was becoming enlightened to work smarter, not harder, which is also a part of enlightened self interest and can lead to enlightenment if ones motivations towards compassion towards all sentient life in the universe is clear.

So, my goal in this lifetime was to become enlightened while doing it in as compassionate way possible. When the opportunity arose in my 40s I asked God to make me a custodian of wealth and he did. I asked to become a custodian of wealth because I had spent many years becoming enlightened in various ways and knew I was ready to become a custodian of God's wealth. God taught me during this process that wealth, first of all is quite different than I expected. Wealth is not just money. God's wealth always manifests as spiritual wealth through those pure of heart combined with wisdom and often with physical wealth. So, I found myself a custodian of much more than I had imagined on multiple levels.

If you are inspired by this then you should pray to God for enlightenment to the point where you would become a good custodian of wealth. However, if you are poor or even middle class remember you will have to learn many new things in order to be of use in this way to God.

No comments: