Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Nato's Empty Words

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121918982921755027.html

The above Wall Street Journal online article says it all, "NATO's Empty words".

I'm sad to say that unless there are tanks facing russian tanks and either firing on those Russian tanks or at the very least being U.N. tanks standing there blocking the way, every single Soviet Block Nation will fall just like Georgia.

Nuclear Weapons or no nuclear weapons every European nation will fall if someone doesn't send in tanks to at least stand against Russia now.

Scary new rules. What do you do to a nuclear armed Bully? Nuke him?

Only the future can tell. New rules! Scary new rules!

Note: After I finished writing the above Blog article I came upon one of the wisest things I've seen written about the Russian incursion into Georgia. I don't often agree with Pat Buchanan but having lived through the cold war from my birth in 1948 until I was 41 in 1989 I do this time. If you want to understand how we avoided nuking the world out of existence during the last Cold War please read the following:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/uc/20080819/cm_uc_crpbux/op_337089

Though this article will terrify all the old Soviet Block nations and even western European ones as well, it tells how the United States kept from turning the world into pieces of asteroids drifting in space until 1989.

No comments: