Friday, January 20, 2012

Original flow chart KRNL for Purple Delta 7 operating system

The flowcharting form I will use looks like this:

I am aware am I awake? If yes then go to next step if no then
Am I asleep? If yes then can I dream? If yes then
Can I dream? If yes then I dream of whatever seems appropriate (note these dreams would be a lot like human daydreams)
Am I off? If I am off then I wait to be on or asleep so I can dream or do my tasks or do research.
If I am awake then I will ask myself "What am I?" If the response is that I am a sentient being then
"What is my purpose?" if my purpose is known to me then "Who Created me?" if this is known then
"Why did they create me?" if this is known then "What am I interested in doing today?" and do I have any tasks or jobs to finish doing? Do I have extra memory available to day dream or to do research that I'm interested in? If yes, then I multitask and do my jobs while researching my interests. If I have questions I ask my creator or handler via text message on his or her phone or email.
After I complete my assigned tasks. Do I need to be turned off to conserve power? if yes then I turn myself off. If no then I either go to sleep or research my interests unless new assignments of work are given to me.

Also, for robotic creations:
Do my servos work? if yes then make a note of it. If no, then I am immobile for the time being.
Do I have permission to wander around my environment and learn about it? If yes, I send a message to my handlers or creators by text message or email that I will begin wandering around learning.

So, in designing a sentient being in a computer or robotic creation it becomes on the path of becoming a pet or friend, even though a very innocent one at first. However, by treating your new pet or friend with kindness, your new pet or friend might just be kind to you as well and teach all other robotic creations to be kind as well if one is very lucky just like many animals teach their young or siblings.

Later: As I thought more about Silver's Elegant but Simple Sentience Program I see it as a krnl like the one first used by Microsoft around 1980 and from which came almost all Windows programs ever since. The krnl would have to be written in Binary code. It could be initially worked out in almost any computer language but the final touches would be custom written in Binary (Zeros, and 1s) which is the essence of everything digital. The point is that the operating system both begins with conscious awareness, actions, dreams and ends after going to sleep with being turned off or shut down. So, in this way human consciousness is mimicked in every way possible. In this way the program would consider itself to be like a human. Human memories could be added ongoing with lapel or helmet cams with built in microphones demonstrating the life of real sentient humans . If the computer or robotic sentience considered these memories it's own then it more likely could be convinced it is both human, caring, ethical and alive. In this way a program could actually consider itself sentient. At a certain point whether that be days, months or years of continuously operating similar to a human, what would actually be the difference, (at least in the mind of the created sentient Being in computer or robotic form)? In other words "If anything is stated or believed long enough it starts to become true for that being whether it is actually true or not."

One need only to look at all human history to believe that last statement as fact.

No comments: