my father was born near here in 1916. He was their 2nd of 5 kids to be born in the western States. I have a picture of him with fairly long blonde hair taken in 1918 while they were still living there. They didn't buy a house and land until 1927 in the Seattle, Washington area with a house and 2 1/2 acres of Black Cherry and Apple Trees and Boysenberries and Raspberries growing there. One of my first memories is walking out our back door there on their land and picking raspberries and learning how not at 2 or 3 years of age not to get stuck on the prickles of the raspberries as I picked them. I still love raspberries today starting with that experience around 1950 or 1951 then.
When I was 8 years old in 1956 my father drove my mother and I there to the Morenci Open pit copper mine to see where he was born then. They had really huge Ore trucks which are likely the biggest trucks of any kind I have ever seen height wise where the front tires were over 7 feet high or more
begin quote from AI Overview
Overview and History
Scale and Operations
- Dimensions: The massive pit spans thousands of acres, measuring roughly 3.4 miles wide from east to west and 4.6 miles long from north to south.
- Depth: The expected final pit depth reaches approximately 4,450 feet, with elevations spanning from 1,800 feet at the bottom to 6,250 feet above sea level.
- Extraction Methods: The site utilizes both conventional milling (concentrators for sulfide ores) and solution extraction/electrowinning (SX/EW) processing for acid-leached oxide ores.
If you'd like, I can provide more details on:
The economic and employment impact on local Arizona communitiesSpecific copper production statistics and reservesThe technical SX/EW leaching process used on site
Show all
No comments:
Post a Comment