Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Bedrooms should be Holy Places

Why do I believe this?

It has been my experience all my life. Today I was walking into our guest room and I kicked off my sandals like I would going into my own bedroom. And I realized I don't normally do this. I usually just take my sandals off when going into my own bedroom because I have an altar there. I learned from my parents to have holy pictures and an altar in my bedroom because they believed a bedroom was a holy place too.

Think about it this way. If you are going to conceive a child for example, you want a soul that is spiritual to inhabit the body of your child so when they grow up they will be an asset to everyone rather than just try to kill you. So, setting up a good powerful spiritual field in your bedroom helps create this outcome. Also, when you go to sleep each night it is sort of like dying. In fact, my mother's childhood prayer in the 1920s was literally, "

Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray the Lord my soul to Keep
If I should die before I wake
I pray the Lord my soul to take
Amen

Prayers like this were given at that time because so many children died before they were 10 or 12 years of age and also many more people than now died of all sorts of causes between 12 and 25 as well more than now.

So setting up a good spiritual field and maintaining it throughout your life(in your bedroom, around you and your family and children) will tend to keep you alive and sane and spiritually protected and healthy in all ways.

No comments: