Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Joe Versus the Volcano (1990)


  1. I realized why I like this movie this time watching it: It could be called "The Optimist and the Hypochondriac" Hanks being the Hypochondriac in this movie. 

    It reminds me a lot of my wife and I. She is the eternal optimist while I consider myself to be a pragmatist.

    When I was young and cynical from things happening in my life I thought optimists were just crazy people. When I got into my 40s I realized if you are not somewhat of an optimist often you die between your thirties and your 50s. So, I tried to be more of an optimist by marrying one. Success! It worked!

     

     

  1. Joe Versus the Volcano (1990) - IMDb

    www.imdb.com/title/tt0099892
    When a hypochondriac learns that he is dying, he accepts an offer to throw himself in a volcano at a tropical island, and along the way there, learns to truly live.
  2. Joe Versus the Volcano - Wikipedia, the free...

    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Versus_the_Volcano
    Joe Versus the Volcano is a 1990 American romantic comedy film written and directed by John Patrick Shanley and starring Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan. Hanks plays a man who ...

No comments: