Sunday, January 31, 2016

Blogging

All blogs mostly function by what I would say could be called "Flukes" because whatever people look at or share with others is sort of a fluke. It's the same with things online that go viral. Often times people don't expect to go viral what does. Some things I put online go viral too in a relative sense. So, all you can do is to share with people what interests you and they do the rest.

I think it's sort of important to share what you think is important or entertaining or useful and readers then can either be entertained by what you share or not. (or they just don't find it at all). For example, something that might have gone viral doesn't often because people didn't or couldn't find it among your blog articles.

So, there are many factors to all this.

You have to ask yourself at every point whether you are blogging for effect or blogging to share quality of life with people or whether you are just writing stuff that interests you so you don't really care whether anyone visits your site or not.

So, what are you actually trying to do with your blog?

I'm not trying to make money with my blog at all. I purposely don't advertise here so people can see it's a free public interest and public service type of blog worldwide. I also find this gives me more freedom in what I can share here on my blog.

No comments: