Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Flew From Portland to San Jose

I needed to be in southern California by the 23rd and knew at 71 driving that far in a couple of days wouldn't be good for my health, so my wife and I flew from Portland to San Jose today. It was clear enough for me to see with a left side of the plane window seat to see Mt. Hood, Mt. Jefferson and many other peaks as we flew south. It was even clear enough for me to see Crater Lake, Ashland and Medford and Emigrant lake and the Mt. Ashland Pass over into where you can see Mt. Shasta from Interstate 5 the other side of Mt. Ashland pass where you have to watch out for snow there in the Winter time while traveling because of the altitude of Interstate 5 there on the pass.

I could see the angel snow and ice flow on Mt. Shasta (which is easiest to see from the Weed town and area and from Interstate 5 when heading north from Weed, California. (This is the last name of the founder of Weed by the way and is historical not named after the plant).  There is still a lot of snow on Mt. Shasta this year (for a change) after all the drought years. Fires haven't been that much of a problem yet either this summer.

Then I could see Shasta Lake and Dam, Clear Lake and then the Sacramento River, Berkeley, San Francisco all before we landed in San Jose and got picked up by a driver there.

So, all in all this was much better than having to drive basically 3 days straight to get to Southern California on the 23rd at my age. So, we are a little spun from so much travel and people lately but glad to be home for a while before heading south again. two of my kids are driving our vehicle back from Portland to here.

No comments: