Sunday, September 20, 2015

Dry Year in South Korea

I think it has been a relatively dry year from about India up through South Korea this summer. My friend mentioned that the rice fields as we drove by that the plants were only 1/2 as high as they should be this time of year by now. They are worried if next year is this dry it could be a problem for the country. This year they had enough water stored for it to be relatively okay even though there were water squabbles between farmers often in the country.

Also, because of the El Nino it affects different parts of the world in different ways. I'm thinking I remember they tend to have droughts in Australia in El Nino years too if I am correct in my memories.

The El Nino likely will bring a lot of rain in the form of flooding to California this year through the winter and spring as this is the 3rd biggest El Nino every recorded in history.

No comments: