Sunday, May 26, 2013

Epic: The Animated movie

It is a kids full length cartoon in 2d or 3d. However, I usually go to the 2D presentations after my 24 hours of vertigo with Green Lantern in 3D.

This was a really well done movie in a lot of ways though some of the little ones 2 to 4 years old would say things like "Mommy. I don't want to see this happen." when things got a little dark. It's the basic good (beings that help the forest grow) and bad (beings that cause the forest to decay) being in confrontation with each other. But, the fantasy art in it is really great and in some ways reminds me a little of the ideas in Peter Rabbit and books on Fairies in the late 1800s and early 1900s. So, the art is really wonderful as well as the story line. It basically makes the kids root to see the forest and all the beings that help the forest be wonderful survive. So, I think this is great for kids and for adults who want to think this way for an afternoon too.

No comments: