Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Enlightenment Happens when you least expect it

My personal experience and often what others tell me is that "Enlightenment happens when you least expect it." You are going around and minding your own business when "Boom" "Zen" whatever you want to call it and everything in your life adds up comes together and for a fleeting moment you understand everything.

I had one of these moments recently. I was watching a movie called "The Impossible" which is the true story of a family who almost all were killed in the 2004 Tsunami that struck Indonesia, Thailand, Sri Lanka, India and a variety of other places. The movie though amazing is kind of hard to watch this family actually go through this.

Anyway, I took a bathroom break and was washing my hands and looked at myself in the mirror and for some reason realized how literally everything in my life all fit together. The best way I can put it was time and space was completely set aside and I could for some reason see in complete detail exactly what God was doing with my life and I felt like I had been struck by lightning. Because I had never completely in relation to literally every moment of my life understood what God was trying to accomplish through me, And I was completely overwhelmed by my experience. Moments of enlightenment come to us all. Sometimes just watching a sunset (or a movie) and our mind explodes into entire new ways of seeing the universe and God.

No comments: