Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Quoting Yahoo Articles

I think that Yahoo is reducing it's legal liability by not allowing people to copy it's word buttons when they quote Yahoo articles. So, if you get frustrated because you want to read this article or others like it at the source I suggest just going to Yahoo or Google and putting in the name of the article there. This way it will come up for you. If you don't like having to do this then complain to Yahoo directly.

However, most bloggers that might quote Yahoo or other sources might not be as responsible as I am in the way they use these articles for quoting. So, I wouldn't be too hard on Yahoo because they have to cover their legal liabilities the best way they can too.

However, most news sources around the world allow bloggers to copy their word buttons to give their quoted sources so I'm not completely sure why Yahoo doesn't.

So, the best I can do for now is to give you their URLs as a source.

My view is that what I do is sort of advertising for whatever news source I quote around the world and increases their readership. So, it seems to me since this increases their readership that bloggers like me serve a useful function in bringing more readers to their sites around the world. In my case this is a completely non-profit site as I use no adds at all and am not competing with any news sources I quote. I simply quote as a way of better informing my readers of things that might be useful to their financial or physical survival around the world as a public service. My goal is very simple. I'm working to help prevent the extinction of humankind here on earth. And this is the purpose of my blog. There are 1000 or more ways the human race can go extinct in the next 1000 years. By making people aware of some or all of these ways we might prevent human extinction by so doing.

No comments: