Thursday, May 23, 2019

Writing

The longer I live the more I understand.

The more I understand the more helpful I can be to myself and others.

I was thinking tonight why I'm still alive at 71 when so many others are dead my age.

Mostly, it's living by the Grace of God on all levels.

Logically, I should have died at 2 of whooping cough.

Logically I should have died between ages 10 and 15 of Blunt trauma childhood epilepsy (caused by a blow to the head as a child).

Logically, I should have taken my own life between ages 21 and 25.

Logically, I should have died in a heart virus at age 50.

Logically, I should have died of a burst appendix when the hospital couldn't diagnose it properly for one week after my appendix burst.

So, from my point of view my whole life I have lived ONLY by the Grace of God and that's all!

Rules for surviving after age 40 (or any age):

Don't panic! This kills people over 40 or 50 a lot!

Think about your life as a science experiment in regard to going to doctors.

Make it a mystery you need to solve like Sherlock Holmes whenever you find something out of the ordinary in regard to your health.

Be adaptive; in other words when you learn something don't just freak out, begin to become proactive in regard to doctors and your health. Consult with other knowledgeable people you know like in your family.

Keeping secrets from yourself and everyone else is often how people die young.

Communication with informed and useful people might keep you alive to 100 or more if you want to live that long.

By God's Grace

No comments: