Saturday, March 28, 2020

Feeling safe during the Coronavirus worldwide

 For every generation it's going to be different of course. But, I find what helps me is listening to silly inane love songs of the 1950s. Of course we all thought we would die from nuclear blasts any day then because Nukes were fairly new and no one had much confidence in not dying then especially 10 years after World War II with all the adults over 30 with varying degrees of PTSD.

But, going into my room and listening to "Pretty Blue Eyes" I could read or build bombs with my chemistry set or fireworks with my chemistry set or look at my .22 rifle on the wall with bullets in my closet and I would feel safe then fantasizing about being "The Lone Ranger" or "Maverick" or Jim Bowie on TV or even Davey Crocket.

Right now I'm listening to "Poor Little Fool" by Ricky Nelson  who I watched on the "Ozzie and Harriet Show" on TV. eventually after a long singing career he died in a private plane with other musicians  on the way to their next gig somewhere. Two of his sons became musicians too.

Each generation is going to have places where they once felt safe that they could return to.

The 1960s were not safe for me at all or the 1970s. I loved a lot of the music then but NOTHING was safe at all during the 1960s or 1970s. I didn't even begin to feel safe from 1960 until 1980 when I bought land and moved far from cities and suburbia away from all the craziness for about 5 years time. Then I started to feel safer on a more regular basis raising my kids and home schooling them on 2 1/2 acres where I built an A-Frame home that could shed up to 10 feet of snow even though we usually didn't get more than 7 feet at a time there on Mt. Shasta.

"It's up to you" by Ricky Nelson is playing now.

What I did was go into Google and click on "1950s hits" to feel safe for a few minutes of my life and to return to when life was much more simple than now.

One idea to feel safe for awhile in these times of Coronavirus or "World War Coronavirus".

Everly Brothers "All I have to do is dream" is playing now online.

Takes me back to living on Belmont Street in Glendale near Maple Park 1956 to 1960.

"Cathy's Clown" now playing.

The Chordettes "Lollipop" & "Mr. Sandman"


Where they play for the American Bandstand and Dick Clark as the EMCEE always!

Try it if you were raised in the 1950 like I was to put in "1950s hits" into Google Search if you want to.

In 1960 I was 12 years old and the 1950s ended with a bang for sure when Kennedy was assassinated in 1963 because he wanted to reveal UFOS to the American public among other reasons.

He is shown with Captain Quinn and Dr. Hynek in the 2nd season of "Project bluebook"

No comments: