Sunday, March 29, 2020

Squirrels

It's not usually quiet enough for telepathic conversations like this but with the sheltering in place things are more in some ways like 200 years ago now all across the world in many many ways.

So, my wife had gotten up out of our back yard hot tub connected to our deck and I was walking around taking a break and looked up towards the front yard and a California coastal squirrel which are sort of brown with yellow orange underneath was running along the power line and it said to me.

I must have been upwind of it and it said to me out of the blue: "You are a big stinky thing" and I laughed and telepathically said, "You mean you can smell me all the way up there downwind? and it said  "yes" in a sort of disgusted way. Squirrels are always one of the strangest creatures in life because they always when they are out of their burrows have to be watching for hawks or cats or even dogs or raccoons so they are always kind of skitery and very eccentric  and somewhat angry and defensive anyway sort of like the most neurotic person you would ever meet that was anti-social. I have always loved the way they are just so crazy and the attitude they tend to have always makes me laugh. But, usually they don't think too much of humans unless they feed them like my wife does sometimes.

But, since often squirrels carry the plague you never want to feed them directly out of your hands so you don't accidentally get bit and get the plague.

No comments: