Tuesday, June 29, 2021

True Story regarding wandering Brahma Bull in India

I was about 37 then in early 1986 in New Delhi, India walking with my wife and children through an alley in New Delhi because of the shade it provided on a very hot day from the sun. However, I noticed two Brahmas a large one and a smaller one wandering ahead of us. I didn't think too much of this except I know bulls can be unruly or cows with calves also. As I passed by this brahma bull I think I got too close for it to be happy and so it lunged to gore me with it's horns. Luckily, I have very quick reflexes and I grabbed the horn before it pierced me with both hands so the effect was that the bull threw me about 3 or 4 feet to the side. However, I didn't die and instead got some bruises just below my rib cage on the left side instead. But, I've never forgotten that wandering Brahma bulls aren't tame they are wild and if you don't give them whatever they want you might be gored like from any other bull or breed on earth. It's just that because of Hinduism and other religions over there they are allowed to run free even in big cities so you have to be careful of them so you can stay alive. 

It's a problem for buses and cars and trucks throughout India too with Brahma bulls and cows and calves wandering around everywhere. But, if you keep your distance you are more likely to survive them.

No comments: