Saturday, October 22, 2022

The Mystical Experience

 I heard this a lot growing up: "ONE with God is a majority".

At first as a child I asked what this meant and was told that it meant that if you have joined God then the whole universe and God himself will support what you are doing.

But, I realized it also meant that if what you were doing wasn't agreed with by God that you might die.

Of course I was raised in the 1950s when more people thought this way than now (at least here in the U.S.)

However, each of us are the product of the times we grow up in and what people tend to believe at that time.

So, my experience when I had a concussion and the resultant seizures at night was to be afraid that God was trying to kill me at first.

But, over time I came to realize by the time I was 14 or 15 that God was actually trying to bring me into his life as his own as his family.

Once I realized this and realized I didn't want to die (which was a good possibility at that time in my life) I asked God to come live inside my body with me.

This experience for me is kind of like being married to God like Priests and nuns often might experience in the Catholic church.

Last night over here in Hawaii we are visiting here with another couple and my friend from about 1969 climbing mountains together starting with Half Dome in Yosemite in 1969.

He asked me how I chose what to pray for and I said that isn't a problem for me because my experience is that God and I are one 24 hours a day and that there never is any separation between us. So, that my experience of life is to be with God throughout the whole physical and heaven universe every day.

This was hard for him to comprehend because he has a different experience than me even though he has a masters's degree from UCLA in History of Religion.

But, conceptually at least he understood what I was saying even though he could not experience what it is like for me to experience being "ONE with God" 24 hours a day.

I realized at this moment how unique my experience is with God in some ways in that I always have a kind of confidence around this that most other people don't and often people are either attracted by this God Confidence or scared by it ever since I was 15 years old.

There is a boldness about this that is interesting to observe throughout my life because of this God Confidence in my life since God came into my body to live with me permanently at age 15.

So, for many of you this might be considered a life long mystical Experience which is why I'm calling this article "The Mystical Experience".


No comments: