Tuesday, October 25, 2022

What's amazing to me having survived the day:

 Is that the surf sounds are loud from the veranda up several floors here on Maui. So,tonight it was amazing to hear the surf so loud while out on the veranda about midnight. The 4 of us here found out that both couples, myself and my wife and my friend and his wife all held hands today during the flight from Kauai to Maui when none of us were sure if we were going to survive this particular flight. It's true that the likelihood of us actually dying today was about a 10% chance at best. But, even a 10% chance of not surviving the day is a big thing for most people to endure when they know it is actually happening as it did for about 1/2 an hour or more for everyone on board the flight.

So, just quietly listening to the sounds of the surf on Maui was incredibly reassuring to the cells in my body that I was still alive and so were my wife and friends to live and see another day in Paradise here on the Hawaiian Islands.

No comments: