Saturday, October 29, 2022

Avocados

 Here's a thought project and there likely is no right answer to this question.

When should avocados be refrigerated.

The common wisdom is that "You should never refrigerate unripe avocados."

However, what I do is to wait until they feel a little squishy and ripe and then I refrigerate them. Why?

Because often when an avocado is ripe I'm not ready to eat it. 

So, since I don't want to throw it away I refrigerate my avocados when they ripen just so I don't have to throw them away because they will get overripe.

So, here's the rule as I see it.

NEVER refrigerate avocados UNTIL they are ripe and then only do that if you aren't interested in eating them right then. Because often if you refrigerate them when they are ripe it often gives you 3 to 5 days (at most) when you are happy to eat them in some form whether that is sliced or mashed in the form of Guacamole or something like that.

No comments: