Wednesday, March 29, 2023

People who are psychologically androgynous tend to survive in the world better

 And I'm not talking AT ALL about sexual preferences. This is true of everyone.  Why is this?

I remember when I was at UCSC and we took a test to see which masculine and feminine traits we all had. Of course this is a psychological test and a girl sitting next to me was upset that she was considered Psychologically Androgynous by this test. 

I told her that people who are balanced between masculine and feminine psychological attributes tend to survive in the world better.

I told her that I had been trained both to shoot a weapon by age 8 and to be proficient at shooting anything by age 10 but I also had been raised to be a Mystical Christian Minister and so I was very polite. My politeness also came from being born in Seattle which shares many of the extremely polite ways of being of Canadians or people from England.

So, the point I was trying to make to her because I was about 40 then was that understanding that you can be strong like an oak tree or bend like a willow tree when you need to likely meant you could potentially survive ANYTHING life would throw at you during your life time.

I have watched many Rambo types of men and clinging vine types of women be destroyed on the rocks of life. But, what if you are Rambo and everything else in between? And capable of "like an actor" being any person you need to survive any situation that arises?

Survival isn't just about being able to be Rambo, it is knowing when to walk the other way so you stay alive from many situations in life.

So, being psychologically both Rambo and polite shall we say is how people survive their lives to old age.

Some times you need to be kick ass and some times you need to walk away or be polite.

After all, the whole basis of worldwide culture is basically politeness.

Politeness is why we all don't kill each other the first time we meet someone new that is different from us in any way.

No comments: