It looks to be warm today. I found parking at the hospital difficult and even finding where the main lobby difficult there too. But, there are a lot of hysterical people who visit hospitals so they have to plan for the potential craziness around hospitals I think to be safe. So, "you can't get there from here" is the best statement at this particular hospital unless you know what is going on to begin with.
When I first arrived there there was a man sitting on a bus stop bench I asked for help to find the main hospital lobby and he directed me through the emergency entrance where ambulances arrive. However, if you go through there there is a metal detector so you have to give them everything out of your pockets to go in through that entrance. Then they send you and tell you to go to the 9th floor. Then you have to walk a long ways and there on the 9th floor is the hospital lobby. Then you have to take a separate set of elevators to get to where you want to go actually.
So, basically if you don't know where you are at each and every point you will be completely lost at this hospital unless you are a medical emergency entering at the Emergency entrance. So, this is what I learned Monday after trying to find parking which was almost impossible for me.
At first I wound up on the whole other side of the hospital complex and realized I likely would have to walk a mile to get to where I wanted to go. So, I explored further and went past paid parking and found a 2 hour parking slot on the street because Monday was a holiday so it was available.
Then yesterday it was completely full (everything) so I realized I was even in worse trouble for parking this time so finally I noticed a parking place that was difficult to impossible to drive both into and to get out of because you had to pull backwards (no place to turn around) and almost go off a small cliff to get out of there. But, unlike many people I have very good skills backing up without dying going off a cliff so this is what I did. But then, I had to walk a real long distance still (which I did) and then my son was showering in his hospital room then and preparing to go to a different facility. I also got to meet about 4 doctors and about 4 nurses and an occupational therapist who was a therapist and turned out she was an empath too which was interesting to talk to her a lot also and she liked my son a lot who is 52 there in the hospital (or was until yesterday when they packed him up and moved him to another facility.
So, I succeeded in seeing my son because I have no idea at present what the future will bring for him and I need to care for my wife who is only 3 weeks into her knee revision caused by a knee part that failed from a knee replacement 2 years ago now. So, when I fly back to San Jose I will be caring for my wife pretty much by myself most of the time for the next 4 to 6 weeks as she moves from a walker to a more normal walk and gait as her knee once again heals up. Her nurse taking care of her at present has to return to the East Coast where she normally lives.
So, this was my last chance to see my son for at least 4 to 6 weeks now until my wife's knee has healed up enough for her to more completely function on her own again.
I'm really glad I got to see my son as I hope he continues to be okay and to progress towards good health once again. It's been a rough 3 years now with an autoimmune disease now at his present age of 52.
But, I have much more hope he will recover now than I did before too as he seems to be much better than before.
By God's Grace
No comments:
Post a Comment