Thursday, September 10, 2026

The 25th Anniverary of 9-11 is tomorrow

I usually around this time of year tell my story of what my experience was of that fateful morning.

I was asleep and my wife came in and asked me if what she was seeing on CNN was Science Fiction or not.

So, I sleepily woke up in order to find out whether what she was seeing was real or not and what was going on like a dutiful husband.

Well. She said it sounded like a small private plane had hit one of the two New York Trade Center Towers so I looked at the live Feed from CNN taken by a helicopter and I said to her: 

"This doesn't look like a small plane crash to me. I'm a pilot (I soloed in a Cessna 152) and have flown in many planes also with instructors over the years. So, I said: "Something's wrong here. I hope it isn't a terrorist attack of some kind!"

Just about then the helicopter pulled back from the tower that had been hit and a sick feeling was in the air where you are watching a train crash in slow motion.

Because what we witnessed next was another passenger jet flying into the other Trade Center building in New York city. 

And we all realized (who saw this live) that this had to be some kind of attack upon America right then likely a terrorist attack.

And then we switched (CNN) to President Bush reading "My Pet Goat" to children in Florida and you could see the secret service walk up to the president and telling him this and him not wanting to terrorize grade schoolers with the truth of the moment because he had two daughters too and was a good father.

So, he just finished reading "My Pet Goat" to the children before he got up and excused himself and was whisked away likely in his limousine or helicopter to Air Force One. Then they flew randomly in Air Force One  all over the U.S. to keep President Bush out of Danger while they figured out who had attacked us.

So, private planes (all of them) were told to stay out of the sky or be shot down so this changed everything too. So, only military planes were flying ANYWHERE in the U.S. for a few days I think. 

This meant also that planes flying to America couldn't land here and had to land in other countries too during this time and people had to take train trains and buses and cabs to get to anywhere in the U.S. then too which upset a lot of people as you can imagine at the added expense of this.

So, this is my personal story of what happened live to me and my wife on 9-11 in my life and my wife's life then September 11th 2001.

And nothing has been the same since then in some ways just like nothing has been the same since President Kennedy was assassinated too. It's a similar kind of event for Americans and the whole world 

where the real problems of the situation have never entirely been solved and might not ever be.

But, that's kind of how things are here on earth too.

We are Always one day away from another potential 9-11

If you don't realize this every day then you likely are not where the rubber meets the road in your life and are living in some kind of fantasy world instead.

But, this is the reality we all live with every day now since President Kennedy was assassinated and 9-11 happened.

So, it's always good to always be prepared for literally anything in life. 

By God's Grace 

No comments: