Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Trampoline

My friend was playing a series of concerts for a local convention that was taking place in my area. Before he left for the rest of his music tour he said, "Hey. Let me try your trampoline. I've never been on one before." I said, "Go ahead and try it." Because he is a long time skier like me he did just fine. But then said, "How do I do  Butt Plant?" I said, "You have to put your hands out to balance you when you hit." I said, "Here. Let me show you." So I got up and was a little rusty but did one crappy and two good butt plants on the trampoline." So he said, "I get it." and got up and did a couple of halfway decent butt plants on the trampoline and one not so good but still safe.

I said, "You know. You'd be surprised how few people our age can still do stuff like this." He seemed unconvinced. I guess being a musician he is still living in a fantasy in some ways that he is still in his twenties or thirties. Maybe that's a good thing.

My friend is 59 and I 62. So, if you stay active skiing, surfing, riding bicycles and mountain climbing and for the exceptional, joggers, you too, can still be okay on a trampoline too, even if you are 62 years young.

No comments: