My son who is in his 30s is visiting and he and I watched "Terminator 3" on TV tonight. Lately, I have been more and more concerned about humanity regarding "potentially rogue software". The question I must always ask is: "When does software become harmful and when is it useful?" Most people around the world have little or no idea the answer to my question. However, unfortunately, all software in all computers is simaltaneously harmful and useful at the same time always.
As a computer programmer in college and after before I started to own my own businesses I became very aware just how vulnerable people are everywhere to computer programs and subroutines all the time even before the internet.
I would say every computer on earth is equally as dangerous as any vehicle on earth all the time as if it was a car, truck, plane, or boat or other type of vehicle. If people start by realizing that any computer like a car could be potentially lethal to a child driving it, it is important to realize that it is potentially lethal to everyone all the time in millions of different ways. Without this very serious awareness all people become vulnerable in inumerable ways in their lives just like children driving cars before they are old enough to get a license. Maybe as more and more people succomb to all the potential dangers of software and operating systems and predators like individuals and corporations and nations all over the world maybe people might need a license to use a computer just so they can learn to protect themselves and their families. Because knowledge is power and if others don't care about you and your family and yet have too much information about you and your family then almost anything could and sometimes does happen. So, next time you think about what I said here watch Terminator 3 and even though this is an extreme cartoon like superhero kind of movie, please think about the real Terminator which is rogue software and rogue people all over the earth in all guises. If we don't protect ourselves and our families, who will?
To the best of my ability I write about my experience of the Universe Past, Present and Future
Top 10 Posts This Month
- Dolly Parton on English version of Wikipedia
- The natural Progression of AI killing more and more people (from my personal point of view)
- As of September 16th at around 6 am this is the most read article here at this blog
- Strait of Hormuz shut until Tehran's conditions met, Ghalibaf says
- Hunter charged with manslaughter in shooting of woman he mistook for a deer: Police
- Inside the bipartisan effort to stop the Big Bend border wall
- Russia’s New Favorite Jihadis: The Taliban
- When Thubten Told me stories like this about Drukpa Kunley he had me laughing on the floor
- Protesters form human chain at Kennedy Center amid Trump's threats to demolish it
- From Google Images these are all variations of Tibetan Momos
No comments:
Post a Comment