Sunday, May 5, 2019

Is it an advantage to being Very Intelligent? Sometimes

I think it was Einstein who said something like: "Intelligence isn't very useful unless you also have Common Sense".

This is how I look at it too.

Being as intelligent as my father, my grandfather and I have always been is always a two edged sword.

I have watched in my own life how my father's and my intelligence helped keep both him and I alive especially through my teens and 20s.

For example, I watched many young men without fathers die in Viet Nam or come back with pieces missing both psychological and physical or one or the other, usually both.

So, having a very intelligent father allows a person to survive when they might not otherwise. My father was valedictorian of his High School Class in 1934 in Seattle, Washington. So, my father was always a very exceptional person. Was he perfect? No. None of us are. His physical perfection of diet and consciousness basically killed him at 69 because he didn't believe in Medical doctors a lot like his own father. But, in his 60s he could still physically outdo me at almost anything until he didn't have his diagnosed prostate cancer removed. So, being extremely intelligent can both help you and also kill you from this point of view. His solution was to go on a macrobiotic rice diet to cure his cancer which people believed might work then. But, 4 or 5 years later he died from bone cancer because the cancer had metastasized from prostate to bladder, to kidney and then to bone cancer.

So, if you find you have cancer and don't deal with it often within a few years you will be dead (no matter what you believe).

How has my intelligence helped me since my father passed away?

Well. I never realized how important my father was to me on such a deep level until he was gone. So, it was like his and my intelligence created a sort of quantum computer that we used to solve problems together. So, when he passed away when I was 37 I hit "the loss of my father along with 'middle aged crazy" simultaneously.

This was really terrible in a way I cannot even fully properly describe. So, when I lost my father I also lost my mother in that she had to go back to who she was before she was with my father from ages 18 to 27 and so I lost my mother when I lost my father which was horrific in a way I cannot even begin to describe to you. Then my mother did the opposite always of whatever I advised which also made me crazy because this resulted in some pretty crazy shit happening in both our lives. So, the support system I had had since birth was suddenly gone and the support system I wanted to give to my mother she rejected. So, this was completely insane.

So, basically I was dealing with the grief of loss of my father and my mother in that she was in a PTSD from losing Dad that she remained in the rest of her life. So, in many ways all this was a complete disaster for me and her in this sense.

But, out of this came a divorce for me and a new marriage and a new daughter. This is how crazy of an effect all this had on my life.

So, from my point of view now the best thing that happened out of all this is getting remarried having a daughter and almost dying of a heart virus. Why?

Because having a heart virus and almost dying for 8 months forced me to retire or die. Luckily, a way was found for me to retire at age 50. By doing this this created a complete reset in my life for the last 20 years and brought me to spiritual peace with my life and removed me from the constant struggle for physical survival that my life had been since 18 to 25 years of age when I married at age 26 and had a son.

So, retiring after almost dying saved my life in every single way I can think of. And this was n answer to my prayers for the "Leisure to Practice" that I had been giving since about 1980. So, 18 years later God answered my prayers and gave me full time "The Leisure to Practice" which means the leisure to pray without ceasing 24 hours a day for all life everywhere in the universe in all time and space.

By God's Grace

Note: The point being that sometimes my intelligence helped me and other times it almost killed me.

So, sometimes I understand well the statement: "Ignorance is Bliss".

When I went to India and Nepal and met people who had never been to school they seemed sometimes much happier than anyone I ever met in the U.S. Why?

Because they couldn't read any language and because of this sort of lived in a fairy tale about life.

So, either they were dying from the harsh realities of life or often they were very very happy living in ignorant bliss about how bad things were on earth.

Something to think about.


No comments: