Friday, January 13, 2012

George F. Kennan: The Biography

"As far as American History and Global History is concerned maybe he's the person who has the best claim or one of the best claims to having insured that the second half of the 20th Century was better than the first half. Because he really came up with the formula for containment which was the middle way between having a third world war with the Soviet Union and appeasing the Soviet Union on the other hand. So, you have one great idea that was enormously influential." quote by John Lewis Gaddis, author of the book "George F. Kennan: An American LIfe".

This quote is from Charlie Rose where John Lewis Gaddis was interviewed about his book and his friendship with George F. Kennon which spanned all the way back to 1982 when Kennon accepted Gaddis' offer to write a posthumous biography of Kennon. The friendship was formed when Gaddis wrote a book on "Containment" in 1982.

So, when I wrote Death Metal starting on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day until 3 am, it took me to a place where I can really appreciate Containment more that eventually brought the cold war to an end without incinerating the earth and all upon it or giving up our freedoms and way of life here in the western world.

Death Metal is something I wrote that we need to prevent during the next 5 to 10 years or more here on earth. Death Metal: An Apocalyptic Story

The following is just sort of an introduction to "Death Metal" that I wrote after I had written about 3/4 of it. From time to time I add ideas to "Death Metal" as they occur to me. I try to share realistic technological and psychological and survival situation that some of the surviving recipients of this size of EMP experience over time.
When I wrote: Death metal

No comments: