Thursday, April 18, 2013

Gophers and House Foundations

In most of my life I haven't had much problem with Gophers. They went their way and I went mine. a few years ago I wrote: Gopher People

and then I felt even less inclined after that to want to do away with gophers. Then this spring my daughter's Corgi dog, had a young gopher in her mouth and I took it away by the tail since it was dead and threw it over the fence so she wouldn't eat it and fed her her dinner instead so I wouldn't have to worry about diseases and stuff like that in my daughter's dog. But, later that week I noticed this new crop of gophers had also dug up around part of my houses foundation which didn't sound very good to me. So, I looked up "gophers and house foundations" and here is what I found:

Gophers and Gopher Control - Gopher Damage

www.crittergetteronline.com/Gophers/gophdam.html
The pocket gopher has been known to chew through irrigation lines and utility cables as well as undermine and weaken a home foundation. The plant damage ...

No comments: