Sunday, June 23, 2013

Two Altars and 14 years

I realize that on one level a spiritual or religious altar is a way to hypnotize your subconscious into being at peace. However, on a completely different level it works for me and I was taught to do this sort of thing as a baby and child. And "As a man or woman thinketh so are they" and "I think therefore I am" and on and on. But, in the end "If it ain't broke don't fix it." (I've seen this often in places people fix cars) and in the end we are sort of mechanical and simple too aren't we?

So, altars change things both in the world in other people and inside of ourselves. I once saw my father put a picture on a wall of a yellow and white 1956 Century Buick. He was praying everyday that he could buy this car. He really wanted a blue one he told me. But every day he prayed and visualized this car that was yellow and white while telling me he really was going to get a really beautiful blue one but he couldn't get a photo of that one through the advertisements in the newspaper back in 1956. So, when he went to get his blue 1956 Century Buick guess what car he wound up with? You guessed it we had a brand new Yellow and White two tone 1956 Buick that we drove from 1956 until we drove into the lot in 1960 to get a 1960 Mercury Station wagon. And what I found that was strange about this was when we had transferred the title to the dealership and they went to start the 1956 Century Buick the fan came loose from the engine and went through the radiator. Everyone thought this was really crazy especially Dad. But it also told us that people who pray are different than other people in a whole lot of different ways like this one.

Most of my life I have been moving a lot. I once counted 50 times that I had moved from birth until age 50. But most of those moves were between college and my first marriage and son. But just for an instance by the time I was 6 years old I had moved 5 or 6 times. two places around Seattle, Two places in the San Diego area and then to Tujunga up against the mountains in the Los Angeles Area in California. And by the time I was 8 I had moved to Glendale and then another place in Glendale at 12 and then another place in Glendale at 16. So, moving was just a part of my life always.

But when I married in 1995 to my third wife all this suddenly changed and it has confused me in a lot of ways ever since. There is something very cleansing and freeing when you move at least every 2 to 4 years always. There are always new things to learn about people you meet and roads you drive on and new trails to walk on and places like the beaches or mountains or even deserts nearby to visit and learn about. But, basically since 1995 I have only lived 2 places, one for 5 years and another for 14 years. So, this morning (rather than get into a really bad argument with my wife about it) I moved my two altars in two sides of a corner in our bedroom to two other sites while leaving large spiritual pictures on the wall of our bedroom. I couldn't believe the degree of dust that built up behind that bureau that I used as my main altar all these years. It was really disgusting not to realize this was happening all this time. So now, I am going to sleep in our guest room because my lungs aren't right from breathing in all the dust even though I put a respirator on to prevent more dust from getting into my lungs at a certain point. So now, de facto I have 3 altars. One on the wall of pictures I could leave there in our bedroom for now and two other new altars in our guest bedroom where I keep my sons large IMac for him until he comes back and gets it. It's nice to have a really big screen sometimes when I'm blogging or doing research. My wife has a smaller staitonary Imac too but my son's is really nifty. And then I have my Macbook Pro, a laptop for blogging while I'm traveling or when I want to wander around the house or outside or in the Hot tub outside blogging or doing research on one thing or another.

So, anyway for now I have 3 altars in different places instead of the same two I had for 14 years since we first moved into this house. And these altars have seen us through a whole lot of deaths including two near deaths for me (one in 1999 and one up until this March from last October). Thank God I found out I was allergic to Gluten before I died. Thank you God! So, feeling 20 or 30 years younger by eliminating all Gluten was sort of a no brainer if you can diagnose it. (It took me 65 years to find out). I guess God wants me to keep on going. Thanks God!

No comments: