Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Home

Made it back to the Northern California coast where I live today. Couldn't sleep much last night because my nose was running from all the smoke in Mt. Shasta. I told someone I loved being there except for the runny nose and the sore throats at night from breathing all the smoke there now.

I expected the smoke to be gone completely by Sacramento and it sort of was. But, it was still like being in smog most of the rest of the way home like I lived in in Glendale growing up in the 1950s and 1960s until I moved away for the last time in 1969. The hottest I saw today was only about 93 somewhere around Sacramento because I left Mt. Shasta early about 9 am to drive back so I could miss the traffic in all areas I would go through both morning and evening. Mostly I succeeded but there was a truck accident on the other side of the freeway at one point where traffic was backed up 5 or 10 miles coming the other direction.

It's good to be home where there is no smoke on the ocean and temperatures below 73 degrees mostly.

No comments: