Friday, January 22, 2016

The End of Oil?

Bremmer thinks this is the end of oil or the beginning of the end of oil and I think I agree with him. I was talking to a friend yesterday about this and he was doing research into how fast Solar energy is expanding even in 3rd world nations. They are the ones who could starve the fastest if they don't quickly replace oil with solar, so many are going in this direction as fast or faster than the developed world at this point. I think this is another reason oil is so low right now. So, I'm thinking it's not as simplistic as saying, "Saudi Arabia is keeping the oil price down right now". I'm thinking this is more of a rumor than anything else because it is much more complex than that.

So, maybe a better way to say it is: "Oil has reached it peak demand that it will ever have". And that though there may be extreme spikes of oil prices in the future just like in the past that they will all be short lived".

So, my thought is that selling oil stocks during the next spike of 100 to 150 to 200 a barrel might be a good idea at this point because except for plastics it is likely that oil is on it's way out on a long term basis.

Why?

Because a German think tank predicts that Solar will be the cheapest form of energy everywhere on earth by 2025.

I think I agree with them because Solar technology is developing as fast a Computer chips did from the 1970s until about 2005 to 2010.

So, I also agree that solar technology will be much more cost effective than oil by 2025 everywhere on earth.

Another reason this is true is that much of the new technology works almost as well through the clouds as it does with open sky which means solar energy can be gathered literally anywhere there is sun clouds or not eventually.


No comments: