Sunday, June 30, 2019

Armour Thyroid

If you find from a t3 and t4 blood test you are hypothyroid which means your thyroid glands aren't producing enough Thyroid to balance your hormones, then one alternative of many is to use Armour Thyroid which is made from the thyroid glands of pigs so it is a naturally occurring thyroid and the most similar (exactly) to human thyroid. All other forms that are synthetic have side effects but for me and many other people Armour thyroid has no side effects at all.

If you have ever been exposed to giardia one of the long term potential effects of this from traveling to third world countries is to eventually become hypothyroid. However, I also had an aunt who was hypothyroid too so it also might run the family. Also, being vegetarian from birth like me can also make you hypothyroid later in life too which is very common in vegetarian places like India as well.

If you are a man being hypothyroid tends to make your hands cold, make you depressed, shorten your life considerably and in your 40s and 50s you might die from pneumonia if you are not diagnosed early enough.

If you are a woman with a hypothyroid condition this can be very dangerous because it unbalances your hormones as well as your grip on reality. So, it is very very serious if a woman is hypothyroid and treatment is much more necessary then to keep mentally and emotionally balanced as well as physically balancing your hormones in your body. Why is this?

It is because a woman can have a child which makes her system much more complex than a man's. For example, while she is pregnant she can have false diabetes and also can get postpartum depression. And both these things are hormonal related of the body trying to regain equilibrium. This is why a woman's thyroid balance is of ultimate importance sometimes of physical survival itself as it relates to emotional and mental balance and sanity itself.

Whereas in a man it usually just makes him depressed and might die of pneumonia between 40 and 60 years of age. But, for any women who is past puberty this can be fatal if not treated because of odd behavior might end that woman's life.

This is why if you have traveled to a 3rd world country (whether or not you were exposed to giardia that you know of) or if you have a relative (male or female) who has had hypothyroid symptoms, you probably should have a t3 and a t4 blood test at least once a year to test what is going on inside your body so you can live into old age safely.

In my case my aunt had a hypothyroid condition AND I traveled in India, Nepal, Thailand in 1985 and 1986 for 4 months with my family. And as a result I likely was becoming hypothyroid by my 40s.

However, I wasn't diagnosed until age 56 by my physical trainer from Germany. She had moved to the U.S. and was a triathlon physical trainer and when I told her of my symptoms she said she thought I was hypothyroid because she was too.

I then had a t3 and a t4 blood test and sure enough I was hypothyroid. She recommended Armour Thyroid which she also used because there are no side effects for most people using this.

When I first started taking Armour thyroid about 15 years ago now I felt in my mind like I was 20 years old once again which was wonderful!

Also, I had believed I was going to die by age 60 to 65 at the latest because of how bad I felt. But, after taking armour thyroid for a month on the right dose I realized I might even make it to 100!

So, being diagnosed at age 56 finally was literally a matter of life and death for me because I'm now 71 and still going strong!

No comments: