Friday, June 28, 2019

Headlamps are useful when you want to have your hands free to work at night

Though flashlights can be useful if you are walking, if you are working on your car at night because it broke down or if you are spelunking underground or something like this a headlamp is more useful. For me, the hardest part is getting used to something strapped to your forehead in the first place. And changing batteries is sometimes hard until you get used to doing this too. Another problem I have come across is if you leave your batteries in a headlamp in your jacket or backpack pocket, often it turns itself on and then your batteries die over time. So, I have learned to keep my batteries tied to the head lamp with a rubber band and then I put the whole thing in a zip lock bag in my jacket pocket or my backpack. This way it is ready for climbing underground or for any other thing I need when camping or for emergencies.

Just remember that if you have an emergency and need your hands to work on your car or truck you often need a second person to hold a flashlight for you while working whereas with a headlamp you don't need anyone to hold a flashlight because it is strapped to your forehead which leaves your hands free for working in the dark underground or in emergencies if you car breaks down or during power outages wherever you are at night.

No comments: