Monday, June 21, 2021

What is the Scientific Method?

 It is a way of separating things that might be true into:

1. Hypotheses

2. Theories

3. Laws


1. Hypotheses are things that might be true subject to future investigations. So, you could call them suppositions too.

2. Theories are things you tend to believe are true but you don't have enough evidence yet to call them laws.

3. Laws are things you have investigated enough so you are relatively sure that they are true things enough to call them laws.

So, for example, in my own life in regard to all things I deal with on spiritual, psychological, mental, emotional or physical things I break them ALL down into hypotheses, Theories and Laws.

In this way I don't really reject any possibility when someone says something. In other words: "It might be true or even relatively true."

So, everything I'm told might start as a hypothesis from anyone.

However, I don't start taking things seriously (about anything) until I have investigated more. When I have enough information I might formulate a theory about any given thing I'm researching in life about.

When I'm satisfied that something can be classified as a law then I make it a law for myself. I never try to make other people believe my hypotheses, theories or laws because everyone has to investigate these things for themselves.

However, if I believe it is important to say to people that something is true I will often tell them so or write about it somewhere to help people survive their lives better worldwide.

We are all searching for the truth in our lives "or we should be" because that is how people survive their lives and live to an old age by finding enough truth to keep on living and to even want to be alive in the first place.

by God's Grace


No comments: