Sunday, January 30, 2022

Before I got a concussion from rock climbing with my father in Chilao in Angeles National forest above Los Angeles Area in the Mountains:

 I sort of looked at people around me dying a lot from not going to doctors in my parents church and thought to myself: "These people are crazy! Why don't they just use medical science so all of them don't die?"

You might think: "Well. Why didn't I insist on going to a doctor for a concussion when I was a child?"

I was a child and a child in the 1950s was obedient or often dead or wounded then. I watched many of my friends being beaten up or even dying from mistreatment of their parents then. My parents fed me I owed them my obedience. Besides, most of the time they didn't spank me so I was not physically abused like many of my friends in Grade school were. I was okay compared to most kids I knew then. And in church I also had rich friends too. But, as a child 6 to 12 years old I didn't understand really what rich meant that much. I didn't understand what financial advantages meant regarding education and other aspects of life.

However, it was my richest friend in church who encouraged me in my teens to go to college like he definitely was going. His sister became my girlfriend the first two years she was in college and this also helped me moved towards college as she was a year older than I was in school. So, as I was away at a church private school in Santa Fe, New Mexico my last year of High School I was amazed how much easier in every way a private school was compared to a public school. The biggest difference is I didn't have to watch out for being killed by another student in a private school whereas in public school staying  alive was a day to day problem often.

I also realized while I was in Santa Fe, how much nicer my parents were than most people were too. So, because of going to a private school in Santa Fe, New Mexico I became much closer and bonded to my parents when I realized what good people they were compared to most adults I met in life.

I realized just how kind my mother always was in not having a bad thing to say about anyone and I also realized just how intelligent and wise my father was too but in a completely different way than my mother.

My father was ultimately pragmatic and my mother was ultimately compassionate and understanding. They were a very good couple in a good marriage for both of them. My present marriage for 30 years in 2025 is like that too.

No comments: