Sunday, June 26, 2022

99 degrees Fahrenheit in Portland Oregon today!

Yesterday was about 93 so that was more bearable. The low last night around 6 am was 65 degrees which is unusual for anyplace this far north I guess and near to the ocean and the Columbia River which runs in between Portland and Vancouver, Washington. The air conditioner in the Hotel is working great and there is one in the living room and one in the bedroom so that's nice too.

I haven't seen my son and his family since last August when they traveled south from Portland to visit us for 3 weeks in California. At that time we spent a week near San Francisco where we live and  a week in Santa Barbara at a family home and a week with my cousin and his wife in Orange County. He has a big pool and an acre of land and that was a really nice visit because my cousin is sort of like a brother to me since I was 5 years old growing up in Southern California. He is 5 years older than me but traveled a lot with my family and I to places like Seattle where our grandmother and grandfather (my father's mother and father lived in Lake Forest Park.

The heat is bearable only because of air conditioners in our car and hotel and my son's house. Most places we visited along the way since June 4th when we left the SF Bay are have been between 50 degree highs up to about 73 Degrees for a high with a lot of rain and snow (especially in Yellowstone where it flooded and caused a lot of damage and houses into the Yellowstone River there.

So, yesterday and today is our first blast of summer heat we have personally experienced since we left the California coast on June 4th and headed for Lake Tahoe on the first leg of our long journey this summer. So, we are trying to adapt to wearing Bermuda shorts and cooler clothing about now.

No comments: