Friday, June 24, 2022

I woke up to watching 3 deer swim to this island from another one

 My wife was telling me that deer often swim to Angel Island in the San Francisco Bay because they know they won't be hunted there because Angel Island is a park. I'm not sure why the deer swam to this island from another one either. I suppose it could be for literally any reason at all. But, it's still interesting to wake up to deer swimming across the ocean (three of them) when you first wake up somewhere new. I'm presently on one of the islands in the Puget Sound near Seattle, Washington with several 40 foot plus sailboats anchored nearby with their owners or friends staying on board for the night nearby. Our hotel is right on the water with a great view of the area. I can see Mt. Baker on the mainland which is one of the Cascade Mountains in that range too.

No comments: