Though I had been to public School from Kindergarten through my Junior Year in High School and Attended Glendale High School in my sophomore and Junior Year I was sent by my parents (I agreed to this) because my friend Victor went to our Church school and we became friends in Mt. Shasta during Conclaves there and he asked me to join him in the "I AM " School in Santa Fe and my parents thought this was a good idea. I didn't like not being able to take my car there but it was true that my friend Victor had a VW Bug there and his parents lived there next to the "I AM" School in Santa Fe too.
So, rather than drop out of high school because I had been dating a girl 21 starting when I was 16 and bought my first car I had been growing up way too fast. So, by going to the "I AM" School I converted to College material partly because I was the biggest Strongest Senior in this school and was respected and honored and I didn't have to worry about having to fight someone or be injured by Gangs or Car Clubbers then too. Besides I was a surfer then from Glendale, California and I was more non-violent anyway to begin with and talked more like a Surfer dude anyway in California Surfer lingo then. So, my station Wagon was my "Surf Wagon" then for carrying 10 foot plus surfing Longboards in and driving to wilderness places in mountains and deserts and Ocean beaches of California up to 400 miles in a weekend because gas was very cheap then at 17 cents a gallon.
So, when I entered Glendale College I started to learn how to make punch cards on IBM punchcard machine and I learned how to program in Cobol and Fortran language.
I liked learning these programming languages because they reminded me of Algebra and I always like the Formula Aspect of Algebra because I have a very logical and orderly mind to begin with. So, the order of a programming language made me feel safer in the chaotic world I was born into.
So, programming languages were for me a refuge from the basic insanity of growing up in California and the United States then too what with the Kennedy Assassination and the Viet Nam War.
I was one of the lucky ones to get a 4F classification so I wasn't drafted and didn't have to go die there in Viet nam or walk the streets the rest of my life with PTSD like many other boys my age.
So, there was a certain surety and safety in learning to program computers then at that time in my life.
Also, my father had trained me to be an electrician building houses since I was 17 and so it was in the same area of Electricity that I was working with more advanced computers and machines than had ever been designed before by mankind.
I felt myself to be on the cutting edge of the future learning to program computers and I made a lot of money starting by 19 or 20 years old enough to buy myself a brand new 1968 Camaro that I drove up to 145 miles an hour one time in. So, life was pretty interesting then so I'm glad now I learned to type in 7th Grade and learned to program computers in College. Now I can program in Cobol, Fortran, Basic and HTML so far. I have considered learning PYTHON which is an AI language but I have been too busy just staying alive and keeping my son alive this year to do this yet.
So, I and my son are still alive.
By God's Grace
No comments:
Post a Comment