Saturday, January 17, 2009

Obama by Train

I woke up today and turned on CNN cable tv and watched Obama's train pull into Wilmington, Delaware on the east coast today. I thought just how different a president he was going to be following in not only Lincoln's footeps by taking a train like Lincoln did to Washington D.C. and being sworn in on the same bible that Lincoln was but just the fact that this whole train thing hasn't been done I think since Truman and possibly Eisenhower. It's like we've gone full cycle now and are returning to our roots somehow. The train once again is one of the most efficient means of transportation for many adults at once, especially the diesel electrics, electric light rail and other electrics like subways. Drawing attention to all these things at once shows just how bright and multitasking he is.

Obama is not just a speech giver, he is a communicator. A communicator tends to bring people together. But in the end, someone has to make a timely decision, no matter how many people are asked to give their different opinions.

A lot of different opinions might be useful and then there is the internet. Are all these opinions including my own what is useful in making quick and fast decisions? When I'm driving a car one of the last things I want to do when I'm on the freeway is to ask everyone in the car there opinion of where I should go. Maybe before I start driving this would be good but not after I take the wheel and turn on the engine and drive out of the driveway. Then I better have a good idea of where I am going or I'd better stop(at least at a red light) and consult other people in the cars opinions. Otherwise, watch out!

No comments: