Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Last Templar

Mira Sorvino and Omar Sharif held the miniseries together. Without them it would have been a complete dog. However, their two portrayals kept me and my wife watching. Luckily, we watched the first one on DVR starting about 8 pm tonight and were dvring the second when we finished the first. So basically we watched both the first and second parts tonight while omiting the commmercials. So it was a fun ride. However,about the time divers were trying to bring up parts of a ship while a storm of the century was underway on the surface I felt like a somewhat believable tale had turned into a complete science fiction cartoon.

However, if you suspended disbelief during that segment and expected people to believe that anyone would have survived a storm that sinks ships in 100 foot waves and swims to any beach alive then one might believe that Omar Sharif is a Saintly gifted man that meets Mira Sorvino on shore. However, how did the FBI agent get to shore in a coma from a blow received on a ship? Did he come ashore okay only to hit is head on a rock on the shore or did a fisherman accidentally give him a blow to the head and put him in a coma? This wasn't explained either.

But then, Mira finds the long lost Yesu or Yeshua Bible or Scroll (the aramaic is Yesu by the way, Jesus in Aramaic his native language was Yesu) and then throws it into the wind and that old professor follows it over the cliff. This didn't seem very believable either.

I like the point of faith the story was trying to get to(sort of that there are no atheists in foxholes) or when you new lover is in a coma dying you just might try praying for him to wake up.

Anyway, I found the whole thing very entertaining especially because I DVRed the whole thing and didn't have to watch the commercials and I got to watch both the 1st and 2nd parts at one sitting with my wife. My God daughter, 23 got tired 1/2 hour into the 2nd part and went to bed but my wife and I stayed up until midnight finishing it. Mira had a way of making everything sort of funny which is her real talent in making people laugh and have fun. Omar Sharif made the Saintly man seem believable to me since I have met many people gifted like that all over the world and they are always like meeting precious incarnate angels.(God is where you find him, her, the Being).

However, unless you like Templar movies and Mira Sorvino and Omar Sharif's style you might want to watch something else. However, I found it entertaining except for the present day ship sinking and people getting to shore in a coma and stuff like that.

No comments: