Monday, August 23, 2010

Todays teens suffering from unemployment

Soaring teen unemployment could have lifetime effects
To read full Yahoo news article click "Soaring teen unemployment"

I guess the most useful way for me to approach this would be to say that I had the opposite experience to unemployment from the age of about 10 years old. However, I'm 62 so it was a completely different world I was born into than this one today. So, by the time I was 21 I was so exhausted from working at different jobs that I was ready to retire from being abused monetarily and psychologically by multiple employers during those times.

I think the one good thing that came out of all this working for not very much pay from ages 10 to 21 was that I realized that I so hated working for people, most of whom abused regularly all their employees, that I really knew by age 21 that I wanted to have my own businesses and completely make up my own schedules and run my own life.

Unfortunately, 4 million young people who want to work can't find jobs because they are now competing with full adults for those jobs and don't have a chance to find out through direct experience what is real under these present circumstances today in the U.S and around the world.

No comments: