Monday, July 21, 2008

Mamma Mia

I went to see Mamma Mia with my family. Meryl Streep really nailed this one and held it together. All the other older male and female actors were veterans and made this whole thing fly. I would have to say that this was the most delightful movie thus far this year, even though it is kind of for the 10 or 12 years or older croud because of the subject matter. (three fathers?) bawdy humor etc. However, only you will know if your child is okay to see this. For me, my older kids would have loved this even at 6, 8 or 10 during the 1980s when things were different than now. I find people much more uptight since AIDS and Herpes became a problem(25% of New York City has herpes for example.)

Anyway, for a good time, and the feel good movie of the year for us old ABBA fans, go see Mamma Mia. It is a must see for those of us who came up during the 60s, 70s and even into the 80s. Good fun. Good humor!

EVen those born as recently as 5 years ago might find it interesting! Good movie!

No comments: