To the best of my ability I write about my experience of the Universe Past, Present and Future
Top 10 Posts This Month
- Dolly Parton on English version of Wikipedia
- The natural Progression of AI killing more and more people (from my personal point of view)
- As of September 16th at around 6 am this is the most read article here at this blog
- Strait of Hormuz shut until Tehran's conditions met, Ghalibaf says
- Hunter charged with manslaughter in shooting of woman he mistook for a deer: Police
- Inside the bipartisan effort to stop the Big Bend border wall
- Russia’s New Favorite Jihadis: The Taliban
- When Thubten Told me stories like this about Drukpa Kunley he had me laughing on the floor
- Protesters form human chain at Kennedy Center amid Trump's threats to demolish it
- From Google Images these are all variations of Tibetan Momos
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Optimists and Idealists
My wife is an optimist and I am an idealist I realized today. There is a saying on a piece I read today that went like this. "Optimists refuse to acknowledge reality. Idealists remind us that it isn’t fixed." Though this saying isn't kind to optimists, I could also see its validity. Also, by reading this saying I realized how much of an idealist I am. I tend to be very pragmatic, very compassionate, but I am always also aware of how unfixed everything is. I am always aware just how much all people and situations could change for the better. And whenever I see an opportunity I begin those changes as much as I am able in all people and all situations. Mostly, it is about being aware of opportunities to create positive change in my life and others. So being an optimist my wife saved my life and hers(in the long run) by marrying me. And since I am a pragmatic idealist, I can move myself and all beings to better lives whenever I sense opportunities for doing so.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment