Friday, July 18, 2008

To Honor a Good Man

A friend of mine passed away this week. He was 89 and a veteran of World War II. I met him in 1994 and I want to say of him that he was one of the most benevolent men I have ever met in my life. There are many who talk the talk but few who can walk the walk. He did both with style. He is one of the last of the greatest generation who fought in World War II and lived good lives until now. He wasn't afraid of death. Most of the guys who went through the great depression and World War II weren't afraid of death. I am writing here to witness the passing of a good and benevolent man who helped anyone he could and when his body just couldn't work right anymore he went to join all his friends and relatives already on the other side of life. God Bless You John. Godspeed!

No comments: