People were joking about the name "Auld Lang Syne" so I decided to look it up on Wikipedia and translated into English from Scottish likely Gaelic it is literally "Old Long Since" but the way we speak today maybe "Long long ago" or "Days gone by" or even "Old Times" might be more useful.
To me, when I sing it I think of all those I loved both friends and family and actors and politicians and anyone else famous we lost last year or any year since I was alive or even before that like Abraham Lincoln and George Washington. It is a fond remembrance of everyone now gone that we loved. And we drink to them and our love for each other still alive.
"In Days of Auld Lang Syne".
Happy 2013!
To the best of my ability I write about my experience of the Universe Past, Present and Future
Top 10 Posts This Month
- Dolly Parton on English version of Wikipedia
- The natural Progression of AI killing more and more people (from my personal point of view)
- Cancer rates 1900 to 2000 and beyond
- As of September 16th at around 6 am this is the most read article here at this blog
- Strait of Hormuz shut until Tehran's conditions met, Ghalibaf says
- Inside the bipartisan effort to stop the Big Bend border wall
- Hunter charged with manslaughter in shooting of woman he mistook for a deer: Police
- Protesters form human chain at Kennedy Center amid Trump's threats to demolish it
- Russia’s New Favorite Jihadis: The Taliban
- From Google Images these are all variations of Tibetan Momos
No comments:
Post a Comment