I just looked at the temperature right now and at after 10:30 at night it is still 72 degrees Fahrenheit which seems a little high. But that's what it is on the Southern California Coast. If you are traveling out west from the Midwest or East and aren't used to California weather Southern California can get pretty hot even on the coast but it isn't humid like it tends to be from Texas towards the East. From parts of Texas away from the coast it is usually very dry through New Mexico and Arizona and through the deserts of California. Some of the hottest places often are around Phoenix, Arizona and the Colorado River up to About Palm Springs, California. If you are on Interstate 10 going west it is going to start to cool down a little by San Bernadino and by the time you are in Los Angeles it is often 10 to 20 degrees or more cooler than Palm Springs in the summer time. But winters the warmest place to be or to play golf is Palm Springs and Presidents have been doing this since Eisenhower or before. Temperatures as high as 127 to 130 degrees Fahrenheit in Palm Springs in August are not that unusual. I have been in 117 degrees there and when I got out of my car to get gas it felt like I had stepped into a furnace. I usually live in temperatures under 60 to 80 degrees most of the year on the northern California Coast so I'm just not used to living in 100 degrees or more since I lived in Glendale and Yucca Valley over 30 years ago now.
The further north you go in California the more likely it is during the summer to be foggy, especially north of Big Sur, San Francisco and points north to the point where Mark Twain once said, "The Coldest Winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco". If you want good weather (sunny) for San Francisco the best times are usually Fall and Spring and sometimes in the Winter time but summer there is almost always foggy a lot.
But, in Los Angeles and San Diego it is a completely different climate and temperatures of 110 or even 115 degrees in August (Fahrenheit) are not unusual even though averages in August for Daytimes are usually probably 80 to 90 degrees. And in San Diego (because it is further south) expect more high temperatures but not as much smog as Los Angeles.
To the best of my ability I write about my experience of the Universe Past, Present and Future
Top 10 Posts This Month
- Dolly Parton on English version of Wikipedia
- The natural Progression of AI killing more and more people (from my personal point of view)
- As of September 16th at around 6 am this is the most read article here at this blog
- Strait of Hormuz shut until Tehran's conditions met, Ghalibaf says
- Inside the bipartisan effort to stop the Big Bend border wall
- Hunter charged with manslaughter in shooting of woman he mistook for a deer: Police
- Protesters form human chain at Kennedy Center amid Trump's threats to demolish it
- Russia’s New Favorite Jihadis: The Taliban
- From Google Images these are all variations of Tibetan Momos
- This article is about the French Language but written mostly in English (The French call their language (Francais)
No comments:
Post a Comment