Sunday, March 1, 2020

Raining this morning in Orange

I got up this morning to load my 4 wheel drive truck to head north once again and it started sprinking so I put a jacket on. It didn't rain enough for me to put a tarp over everything in the back of the truck mostly because I have a fold top on my truck bed that folds in 3 pieces so I can lock the gate which locks everything inside the bed of the truck. This isn't as pretty as the one piece truck bed covers but I find it much more utilitarian because you can fold up two pieces onto the third and then load in a refrigerator or motorcycle or whatever you need to carry much easier if you need to with a fold top on the bed of the truck.

We drove to the church in my Cousin's car and after that we drove north but was amazed at the route my cousin chose because I made it from Orange to Las Virgenes Canyon road that leads to Malibu where it crosses 101 in only one hour. I was pretty amazed to do this today. We went out Chapman to 55 freeway then the next exit is the 22 Freeway west until it intersected with the 405 and then the only traffic we hit was about from LAX to the crest of the coastal range just before you get on the 101 West towards Oxnard. So, to do that in one hour was pretty impressive to me because I grew up in Los Angeles area in Glendale, California which is in between Burbank and Hollywood and Eagle Rock and Pasadena and to the north Montrose and La Canada and La Crescenta. I lived in Glendale from 1956 until 1969 when I was 8 to 21 years old.

No comments: