Saturday, July 27, 2024

My personal favorite part of the San Luis Obispo area is Pismo Beach and that area

 San Luis Obispo is a college town where CAL Poly lives but a few miles over to the coast from there lies Pismo Beach and a little further are sand dunes where you can rent ATV with paddles on their tires to play in the Sand there. My wife and I and my daughter when she was about 15 years younger than now (almost 30 now) rented two ATVs rigged out for the sand dunes there. I rented a 500 CC Yamaha and we rented our daughter a 175 CC ATV because we thought she wouldn't get into trouble with a smaller rig without a lot of power.

Then I was trying to impress my wife with my motorcycle skills which I suppose sort of transfer over to an ATV too. However, she wasn't impressed riding on the back of that 500cc Yamaha ATV she just got scared and got off and started to walk around a lot instead. I guess I should have known this would be too scary for her. She didn't understand what I could do with an off road vehicle because after she got off I was doing jumps with this 500 CC ATV rig. However, as I think back now I realize that this could have been dangerous if I had landed wrong and flipped the thing because of the way sand is is much different than dirt or rocks to ride on.

However, you are riding the sand dunes right next to the beach there which is nice and also there is a big pier going out from Pismo Beach downtown too and Pismo is also a famous surfing beach as well. So, many things to do in and around San Luis Obsipo.

Also, we have stayed at the Madonna Inn which is a very artsy eccentric California kind of place which you will be impressed with (in all sorts of ways).  It is just off the freeway going through San Luis Obsipo. They also have restaurants there too in addition to this being a hotel.

No comments: