Friday, July 26, 2024

Why fewer people are choosing to have kids (It's just too expensive these days)

 People are still having children by accident but fewer and fewer people are having children on purpose unless they are very rich and can afford those children. In 3rd world countries where there are no social welfare programs the only way you survive as an older adult is to have children and grandchildren to take care of you. So, still where there is no social welfare net people will continue to have children around the world because it is simply a matter of surviving to old age and having people to work in your businesses.

In my own life my father had me work in his Electrical Contracting business starting at 10 or 12 years of age on weekends and summers. It's true he paid me well for this but I likely saved him at least 2 to 3 times the money that he paid me too. So, putting your kids to work even if you pay them well is one of the reasons people have children all over the world still. However, for me, it gave me another trade and helped me learn not only how to electrically wire a house or business but also it taught me how to build houses as well before I was 17 years old.


begin quote from:

 

No comments: